Shopping Assurances:For Outdoors Ltd T/A For Outdoors is a member of the SafeBuy Assurance Scheme for Web-based (ecommerce) retailers. SafeBuy protects you the consumer and in the event that there is a problem which you can't resolve directly with the retailer, SafeBuy Mediation will is there to help and is free of charge. SafeBuy was set up by Which? and is supported by the UK Government to ensure that online retailers are adhering to guidelines and conforming to governing Acts of law to protect the consumer.
When buying from a SafeBuy member, you can be confident that you'll have a hassle-free online shopping experience. All members:
* Clearly show their delivery charges and delivery-inclusive prices
* Keep your personal information safe and secure
* Give their full contact details so you can contact them if there's a problem
* Process your Credit Card details securely
* Promise not to use spam for marketing
Credit / Debit Card / Payment Security:Here at For Outdoors we take security of all our customers' details and credit/debit card details very seriously which is why when you order from us either online or by telephone, you can do so in the knowledge that your transaction is being completed totally safely and securely.
Your card details are processed safely and securely through our third party card processing company Sage Pay using secure servers and 128-bit high level encryption ensuring that the only details that we see are your address and delivery details. At no time are your card details shown to or stored by us.
The same applies if you prefer to order over the telephone where your card details are remotely processed safely and securely through our third party card processing company Sage Pay using secure servers and 128-bit high level encryption.
Once your order has been processed on our system, and to ensure complete safety is maintained, any card details are completely destroyed leaving us to only see your order, your address and delivery details. At no time are your card details stored by us.
Latest Security Card Payment Measures:You might or might not be aware of a NEW Security Card Payment Measure that has been introduced over the last few years. This is called "PCI DSS" (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) and we are glad to say that is something we at For Outdoors are fully compliant with.
Below are a few facts on "PIC DSS" that you might find interesting:
- All businesses accepting card payments need to meet the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). Being PCI DSS compliant reduces the risk of the customers' card data getting into the wrong hands.
- PCI DSS is a set of 12 basic security requirements developed by the PCI Security Standards Council. It was put in place to ensure that businesses storing, transmitting or processing card data are not putting the customers or their businesses at risk of data theft and fraud.
- The PCI DSS is a set of requirements for enhancing payment account data security, it was developed by the founding payment brands of the PCI Security Standards Council, including Mastercard, Visa, JCB and American Express to help facilitate the broad adoption of consistent data security measures on a global basis.
SagePay System Security:
Sage Pay's systems are scanned quarterly by Trustwave which are an independent Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and an Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) for the payment card brands.
Sage pay is also audited annually under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) and is a fully approved Level 1 payment services provider, which is the highest level of compliance. We are also active members of the PCI Security Standards Council (SSC) that defines card industry global regulation.
Go back to the top of page